Founded in 2011, the client is an independently-owned, creativity-led production agency that solves business problems with audio-visual content. They offer a full range of film production and Advertisement services and work with some of the biggest brands and film directors across the globe. They brought a unique storytelling ability that elevates brand messages in today’s media-saturated marketplace.
The process of advertising management is slow and requires the cooperation of many people and departments in a single company. Hence it has a greater chance of error in terms of records, different costs, document management etc. More efficiency is needed throughout the company during the process so that it saves time and reduces costs.
AscenWork’s SharePoint Based Film Budgeting Application, took care by dividing the whole process into role and functionality, which supported them in having a streamlined approval process. On each step of the process, approvals were put up so that every function was supervised. As there were costs involved, we had to make sure management is aware of every project with comparative analysis for e.g. estimation cost, Actual cost compared to the overall budget. We also ensured the privacy and compliance part of every project so has if any project created by a Manager, juniors are unable to see the client cost as they are not authorized to view that. By our software in place, our client was able to track the status of every project created and our solution accelerate the whole process, which supported them in achieving deadlines.
Key Features of Film Budgeting Application are:-
- Manage Cost Categories like : Pre Production / Production Personal / Talents Fees / Equipment and Stock / Electrical Unit / Studio / Location / Sound etc
- Track Client Details
- Track Project Cost Comparison
- Creation of Project Budgeting
- Milestone wise Budgeting
- Budgeting further drills down to task , sub-task and item level
- Tracking of complete film budget at various phases
- Actual Film Project Costing
- Tracking of complete Actual Cost against budgeted
- Project Actual Vs Budgeted
- Project Milestones and Billing
- Business Analysis Report – Internal Cost against Actual Cost, Vendor Payment Report, etc
The SharePoint based film budgeting application built for the client has now helped them get a clear picture in terms of their estimated costs vs Budgeted. The application also helps in tracking real-time cost fluctuations / over budget items and thus manage cashflow. The system has an approval level in case there is a cost overrun or additional expense than the budget.
AT A GLANCE
What they wanted to do-
- Streamlined processes
- Automate Project Budgeting
- Estimation vs Actual Cost Tracking
- Approval Process
- Find a cost-effective solution
What they did –
- Standardized on SharePoint based Customized Application Development
- Used end to end application development by AscenWork Technologies
- Collaborated on various processes through the application.
What they accomplished –
- Drastic reduction in Humar errors
- Improved compliance
- Automated Project forecasting and Invoice processing
- Faster tracking of Approvals and Change request
- Email Alerts and Notifications