The client is a pioneer in the Event Management space. They have created many brand stories and many employment opportunities in the flew of Event Management. They offer holistic solutions to experiential activations and outreach – catering to more than 40 brands across diverse industries and geographies. The Agency has a huge team of people across 8 locations. Headquartered in Mumbai, Client is India’s first-ever Out-of-the-line agency that caters to marquee clients, including Gulfoil, Petronas, Legrand, Axis Bank, JSW, Tata Group and many more.
The client had complex business processes.These processes were executed manually on excel sheets and emails. The client approached AscenWork for automating the current manual business process.AscenWork’s Project Management and Business Analyst team understood the entire business process with the help of the Client’s team.AscenWork prepared detailed documentation along with application prototype and showcased to the management, their ideas. After multiple meetings and brainstorming sessions, we all came to a conclusion on the automation of the existing business process.
AscenWork Technologies automated the entire team on a single platform. For executing a project client has a Business Development team, Projects team, Operations team, Finance, and Management. Using Microsoft SharePoint, AscenWork developed a customized workflow solution that cuts across all the major stakeholders in the team. The solution has validations, approvals, maker-checker, and Management dashboards to track the entire process on a click of a button.
The application started from the creation of a project with client budgets, later the operations team enters the estimated spends against every line item. Here the system calculates the net margin. In case the net margin is less than 30% the project goes for management approval else finance team approval. Once approved, the operations team can assign vendors against every spend on the project. The system can also generate Purchase Orders for the vendor. Invoices against the Purchase order can be uploaded. This helped the finance team to track and manage cashflows against the project. The system also has special approval provisions in-case of any escalations on the project. The project closes in the system once all the procurement and payment against invoices are completed. Project closure rights are with the Finance team.
Key Features of Customized Workflow Application are:
- Define Project / Activity
- Document Upload against a project
- Estimate Costs across various heads for expenses in the activity
- Estimate Agency Commission
- Get Internal Estimates on the project
- Define Client Costs
- Manage Vendor Information
- Manage Tax information
- Manage the employees working on an activity
- Track Purchase details item-wise against a vendor
- Invoice Upload
- Manage activity-wise details
- Activity Closure Process
- Reports and MIS
The Customized Workflow Management Development project automates and eliminates any human interference in the entire business process. It gave transparency on the project and helped the team to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. The application has user roles and responsibilities which helped the client to restrict confidential data to the teams have permission to view the same.
AT A GLANCE
What they wanted to do-
- Streamlined processes
- Automate Project Budgeting
- Invoice Creation and Storage
- Approval Process
- Find a cost-effective solution
What they did –
- Standardized on SharePoint based Customized Application Development
- Used end to end application development by AscenWork Technologies
- Collaborated on various processes through the application.
What they accomplished –
- Drastic reduction in Humar errors
- Improved compliance
- Automated Project forecasting and Invoice processing
- Faster tracking of Approvals and Change request
- Email Alerts and Notifications