Collaboration and coordination between various departments of a company can be a tedious process.
It is essential for information to flow properly, failing which can cause errors at work.
SharePoint collaboration is of the utmost importance when it comes to processes in an organization. It ensures continuity of processes and effective implementation of the same.
This can be done by standardizing how all the departments get their information and having it accessible to everyone on the same platform.
Some benefits of Enterprise Collaboration are:
- Cut Costs
- Avoid Confusion
- Streamline Processes
- Drive Innovation
- Maximize Results
And so much more…
What Makes SharePoint Collaboration Easier?
The following are some tools that are an essential part of collaboration:
- Document Sharing
- Social Networking
These tools have made collaboration so much more easy and efficient. It saves time, increases work efficiency, and streamlines processes. But what if many such tools and more were available on the same platform throughout the organization? A place where changes can be tracked and alerts can be sent and tasks can be assigned…
Regulating processes is the key factor that can be seen in most of the top companies for which SharePoint is the most preferred platform. In fact, it is used by 85% of the Fortune 500 Companies.
SharePoint is one such enterprise collaboration platform that allows employees throughout the company to work in a systematic manner.
It is a web-based platform developed by Microsoft that is majorly used for document storage and management, although it is highly flexible.
It makes sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications seamless that aids teamwork and collaboration throughout an organization. You can use it to securely store, retrieve, edit, share, and organize your data from anywhere.
Basically, SharePoint is an intranet, or, internal internet system, that works like any other website. But a SharePoint intranet can only be used by the users of that intranet, as the employees of an organization. Different departments or teams can make their own subsites within this intranet.
Who Can Use SharePoint?
Since SharePoint is a highly flexible system that offers a wide range of functions, it can be used by all sorts of organizations, in terms of category and size. It is for anyone who has a business and is looking for streamlining the way they collaborate.
Key SharePoint Features That Massively Aid Collaboration
Mentioned below are some SharePoint features that can help you and your organization work more efficiently, cohesively, and easily:
1. Central Location – SharePoint allows users of an intranet to not just store documents at a single location, but also provides features such as chat and video conference through Skype. Users can be appointed tasks and given alerts as well. Since SharePoint is highly flexible, it can be customized according to the users’ needs. All these features and more are present at one location, i.e., SharePoint, and are just a click away. It allows you to engage with your organization from anywhere. At AscenWork Technologies, we do just that. We help individuals and organizations develop a well-suited SharePoint intranet that is customized for their specific needs.
2. Simultaneous Editing and Co-Authoring – You can work on a document and then directly save it on SharePoint. When documents are edited or updated, you can view who edited them and access the previous versions of the same document as well. This tool helps users to work together and be in the know-how of updates by getting alerts every time someone updates.
3. Assign Tasks – You can assign a task (or a discrete work item) to a person. Send an email notification when the ownership of the task is assigned with advanced settings. Resources needed for the tasks can be provided. You can also check progress on the tasks by marking “Completed” or “% Completed”.
How We Helped A Client Streamline Their Business Processes
- Our Client and Their Needs: Our client, a giant in the field of Oils, Power Transmission Conductors, and cables, wanted to streamline and automate their business processes. They have more than 3000 employees. Their main challenge was to identify a platform for constant application development. They wanted to create an office that was paperless and also wanted to add makers and checkers at various modules.
- How We Helped: With the help of our team consisting of highly skilled business analysts, developers, designers, testers, and project managers, we were able to develop a prototype. We were then able to develop a cost-effective application on SharePoint.
They were able to standardize on SharePoint-based Customized Application Development. The client used an end-to-end application development by AscenWork Technologies and collaborated on various processes through the application.
- Result: As a result of the application development, they were able to reduce human errors drastically. They were able to improve compliance and integrate the application with SAP/ Tally. Our client was able to track approvals and change requests faster and receive email alerts and notifications.
We Help You Automate Processes and Better Collaborate With Your Employees Within Your Company